A seven-step guide to taking care of yourself.
Dealing with self-hate, cultivating a spirit of self-love and avoiding subconscious self-sabotage. I wrote this for myself, I needed this. And now I offer it to you.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you still alive?
- Is it that bad?
- Against whose criterion are you really evaluating yourself?
- What are the realistic worst possible consequences of the particular action/s
- Forgetting the past, what steps can you take to mitigate any realistic damages?
- Is there any possibility that your sentiments exist within a vacuum of self-doubt, pity and self-hatred; or that your evaluation of self is based on the arbitrary standards of others or warped social norms?
- It’s not easy, but work to forgive yourself. Your forgiven self is the most capable version of yourself to move forward, find solutions and mitigate damages.
Cheers, peace & love.